Feel Our Nature


I’m on to another album recommendation, that of Jose Gonzales’ “In Our Nature.” I wrote about and featured his debut album on a blog posted last December (here), and since then, I’ve been incessantly streaming his music, because after some hook-and-crook searches, I got a copy of the album and was then blown away by select tracks from that; Heartbeats in particular.

I’ve been listening to “In Our Nature” for a few days now, even putting it on my WMP while editing or captioning files. I wanted to “feel” the music first before I decide to feature it, and feel I have: the acoustic-indie-folk feel that only Mr. Gonzales gets to deliver. It may be a challenge bringing other people to music made this way, what with commercialized ones competing with each other for listenership on the airwaves, but at least we tried. His music can be both relaxing and insightful, and you’ll be lost in your own thoughts while having “In Our Nature” in the background. The strings just have that effect on you. I particularly like listening to it while hitting the covers, the stereo on semi-max volume and with the lights turned off. I don’t care if I awaken my neighbors at 1:00 in the morning, but I have heard neither complaints or violent reactions from them. Makes me think I have them converted as well. Weheh.

“Teardrop,” an acoustic Massive Attack cover, and “Cycling Trivialities” are stunners. Stream the album here.